Tahoe Tire wear pattern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xray70

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing inside tire wear only on the front driver’s side tire?

36fc4bc46d65dc9ce88d436dc44391f0.jpg

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing inside tire wear only on the front driver’s side tire?

36fc4bc46d65dc9ce88d436dc44391f0.jpg

How many miles on the vehicle? Tires?

I fought this type of wear on my ‘07 and my ‘08 Yukon XL’s. It was sometimes on just one side. Sometimes in both. Regular rotation of tires and getting the alignment checked regularly helped. Might not hurt to get your alignment checked.

OP
OP
Xray70

Xray70

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tires have about 18k miles and it’s only on 1 side of 1 tire. I usually get them rotated 1-2 times a year. Should I do it more?

How many miles on the vehicle? Tires?

I fought this type of wear on my ‘07 and my ‘08 Yukon XL’s. It was sometimes on just one side. Sometimes in both. Regular rotation of tires and getting the alignment checked regularly helped. Might not hurt to get your alignment checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Xray70

Xray70

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Truck equipped with tire pressure monitors and lately it has been loosing air and I fill it about once a week.
Can you elaborate on toe-in issue?

poss. toe-in issue for alignment

id also check your tire pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an alignment problem, the toe adjustment is out on that side. Might need a tie rod. Good practice to rotate the tires with each oil change. Low air pressure will accelerate wear.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALIGNMENT. I had my callway tahoe in for my free oil changes, and my tech who does warranty work on my Z06's and ZR1 say did I ever check your alignment? I said no this is the tahoe's first visit, told him that several 2019 6.2 owners reported the steering wheel being off center, turns out my truck was pretty far off the factory settings, it went straight down the road when driving for the most part, now after the alignment it rode perfect, start there and with road force tire balance, it can make a huge difference

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manofaltes