Tahoe 1 Explorer 0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't they come with a 4.0? I bought a 94 brand new and it had the 4.0--I HATED IT!!

4.0L- That's what I said. :p

I was looking at the front of the Explorer in the pic and was thinking of my dad's '92 Ranger. He was always so proud to say it when he went to get parts for it: "It has the THREE-POINT-OH VEEE SIX". To him, being able to say "point" made it sound like it was really something. I was always like "Dad, it's just a three liter." He flipped out when he heard my S10 had such a "huge" motor- the 4.3 liter.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eco boost guys think they’re fast, mainly because a V8 is becoming a unicorn at Ford. I can understand them trying my Tahoe, but my vette and Camaro? Much like ricers, they’re persistent buggers. Even after getting their doors blown off, they’ll line up again at the next light. Give them an A for effort.
On a side note, one of the best was a guy I haven’t seen in a couple years now, but used to show up at a local track with a Flex. That thing would run low 11s all day. Would wipe smirks off of many faces.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a '16 Explorer Sport to replace my wife's '05 Yukon. Pretty quick for what it is... been looking at tuning and exhaust to wake it up some more. They will run in the low 14's high 13's tuned.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My FIL just got a 2018 F150 CC with the V8. I'm kinda disappointed that he didn't get the 3.7 Ecoboost.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My FIL just got a 2018 F150 CC with the V8. I'm kinda disappointed that he didn't get the 3.7 Ecoboost.

I think you meant the 3.5 Ecoboost. For the long haul the 5.0 V8 is the better choice IMHO. A friend wanted one of those but somehow I managed to talk him into a Silverado.

cbuckeye20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Eco boost guys think they’re fast, mainly because a V8 is becoming a unicorn at Ford. I can understand them trying my Tahoe, but my vette and Camaro? Much like ricers, they’re persistent buggers. Even after getting their doors blown off, they’ll line up again at the next light. Give them an A for effort.
On a side note, one of the best was a guy I haven’t seen in a couple years now, but used to show up at a local track with a Flex. That thing would run low 11s all day. Would wipe smirks off of many faces.

What about a Ford GT ecoboost?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu