Suspension Specials 3" suspension lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it is because of the angle created - it will reach, but the new angle will create a terrible vibration at speed that ultimately leads to joint failure somewhere on the driveshaft. I'm not familiar with the autotrac setup but I believe that is what I've heard.

kelley350x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
autotrack? How do you know if you have it? I am new to the OBS but my Hoe has 4 buttons on the pushbutton, 2wd , 4wd auto, 4 hi and 4 low...
thanks

Haro504

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's about drive shaft angles with a two joint drive shaft you can only max out your angle at around 12 degrees or you get bad vibrations and things start to wear out fast. A double cardan drive shaft increases the angle you can have but you have to make sure you pinion angle is inline with the drive shaft. at around a 7 degree difference between the driveshaft and pinion you will get a vibration requiring shims installed between your springs and spring perch. Or cut off your perch and weld new ones on. The reason you need longer swaybar links is the old ones are just not long enough to reach because of the lift. Then if there's a slip yoke you need a kit to replace that, so there's a lot involved in it. Your best bet for ease and quality not to mention latter head achs is to get a good complete kit.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a bolt on pinion shim is an easy alternative. also 7 degrees out is a good bit for a CV shaft, you typically wnat them with in 1-2*. Why would he need to eliminate the slip yoke? Very rarely is anyone doing that on these rigs. Hardcore wheelers do, but the other 95% do not. It's a great upgrade but not needed.

Haro504

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know if you can get a cv shaft with a slip yoke. If you can and it won't be driven aggressively I'd save the money. Sorry about my grammar. I ment when you pinion angle reaches about 7 degrees it will have vibrations. I didn't mean to set it there. I'm horrible at communicating.

Last edited:

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If i were you id set on a 6 inch IMO i had my heart set on a 3 or 4 inch lift and after some advice and opinions from these guys im glad i went with the 6, i have a wife and son as well and its not all that bad in reality, they told me i would want to go higher and guess what i do im already looking at body lifts but im gunna wait to see what the 35s add aleaf and crank do first