Suspension Re-vist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after having Nor Cal SS's 3-5 kit on the wife's 2012 Tahoe (rear is TBSS air shock, the Bell Tech rear springs are garbage) for about 75K miles/8 years. The Tahoe only has 96K miles. With that said I have been chasing a really bad shake after hit any kinda bump in the road. Tires/wheels just balanced, front bearing replaced 2 years ago, rear bearing replaced this week. Everything seems tight and right. only concern I have is the Bell Tech shock lower bushing show some signs of wear.

Looking to replace all the shocks and see if anyone is running after market front upper/lower control arms that woks with the dropped suspension. (something like this https://djmsuspension.com/product/2...-07-15-tahoe-yukon-3-inch-front-lowering-kit/)

Also anyone have any suggestions for swapping the front to air bag system

FasterBass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after having Nor Cal SS's 3-5 kit on the wife's 2012 Tahoe (rear is TBSS air shock, the Bell Tech rear springs are garbage) for about 75K miles/8 years. The Tahoe only has 96K miles. With that said I have been chasing a really bad shake after hit any kinda bump in the road. Tires/wheels just balanced, front bearing replaced 2 years ago, rear bearing replaced this week. Everything seems tight and right. only concern I have is the Bell Tech shock lower bushing show some signs of wear.

Looking to replace all the shocks and see if anyone is running after market front upper/lower control arms that woks with the dropped suspension. (something like this https://djmsuspension.com/product/2...-07-15-tahoe-yukon-3-inch-front-lowering-kit/)

Also anyone have any suggestions for swapping the front to air bag system
Interesting, I was always against going with a drop spindle because I still wanted to use the stock 17s for a winter wheel and tire setup. I'd be very interested to feedback from others who have run it.

OP
OP
aflumb

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after crawling around under the front end. found that the pass/front shock is leaking and the bushing for the steering rack is shot. so alls on order and should be in this week. hopefully this will fix the steering wheel shake im chasing

OP
OP
aflumb

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well after installing both new front bell tech shocks and the new steering rack bushing. the truck drives amazing now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckner0121

Latest posts