Suspension parts creaky and rides rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed some belltech street performance 2 shocks all the way around and belltech front and rear sway bars a while ago and I have been hearing a lot of creaking and popping that sounds like its the sway bar brackets (maybe the polyurethane bushings causing noise?). I reallly notice it when I go up a hill, like up a driveway. The suspension in general just seems like its not even there when I drive on a somewhat rough road because I just get bounced and thrown around and sometimes the rear end even bounces up and lands to the side a little causing the car so wobble from side to side. I am dissapointed because I thought these parts would make my car much more enjoyable to drive, but I seems that the same problems are present that were present before all of these suspensions parts were installed. Can someone shed some light on this situation?

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
possibly bottoming out which is causing the bouncyness

I had a popping noise when the bushing didn't fit in the mount perfect

make sure the bolts are tightened down all the way so there is no wiggle room

also did you install your shocks the right way, if you install them upside down they could squeak or pop like you are hearing

OP
OP
T

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes I installed the shocks correctly, and I will check the torque on the sway bars brackets, but I dont see why it would bottom out, my suspension height is all stock and my wheels are stock too

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
my bad I missed the "coming soon" part of your sig I thought you had a drop already

so you are stock height but you have drop shocks?

OP
OP
T

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh its cool, no worries. They are kind of drop shocks, but they can work from stock to a 3inch drop.

OP
OP
T

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could some of the roughness in the ride be attributed to the ball joints? i believe one or two are split open. I tried to grease them but one was for sure broken, but im not sure it I put enough grease in the good ones, I was a little worried about possible busting open the working ones haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10