Suspension Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STANKHOE

Reaction score
Has anybody kept their front and rear PPV springs but changed to different struts and shocks and achieved a smoother ride? If so what did you use? I want to keep the stance but not have such a rough ride

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping the front stock with the exception of drop spindles......so that will retain the same ride characteristics.....but lower.

With the rear I have no choice but to swap the rear springs for a drop. But I will add a new set of PPV shocks and use the BellTech shock relocate.

I'm used to harsh suspension since all of my trucks are lowered minus my '19 Rubicon which is lifted on 35s.

I just like having trucks that can handle like a sports car w/o having to pay overpriced insurance rates.......and I can still pick up building supplies

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also.....hash ride found indicate it's time for new shocks and struts. As a tech, they should be replaced every 60,000 miles

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see what you did there Richaaaaarrrs

Wait maybe I've been hitting the sause since it's after 5pm lol

OP
OP
S

STANKHOE

Reaction score
You aren't going to get a better ride by suspension alone, you need to get rid of those PPV tires too. Get a tire made for comfort and mileage, and go 70 series at least. I spill way less beer in my Tahoe now after a suspension and tire change......
What did you go with for suspension and tires?

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you go with for suspension and tires?

Check the signature below. FYI that kit retains the front springs, which aren't anything different from any standard LS Tahoe. I might end up putting a softer spring up front to improve my ride even better, although it is significantly better now than before.

OP
OP
S

STANKHOE

Reaction score
Check the signature below. FYI that kit retains the front springs, which aren't anything different from any standard LS Tahoe. I might end up putting a softer spring up front to improve my ride even better, although it is significantly better now than before.
What Continentals are you running? Are you thinking about the Belltech front springs or are there other options available? I really like the look and stance of your truck. I've been debating taking off the running boards because I've never liked them on anything and your pictures just sealed that decision

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Continentals are you running? Are you thinking about the Belltech front springs or are there other options available? I really like the look and stance of your truck. I've been debating taking off the running boards because I've never liked them on anything and your pictures just sealed that decision

CrossContact LX is the exact model I'm running. I've been really happy with them, believe I've got 30k or so on them now and have had no issues. Still lots of life left too. Super quiet, nice plush ride.

Not sure yet on the springs, have not really investigated too deep yet. Anything with a softer rate than stock is what I'll look for though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645