Suspension ideas please; better ride and lower the rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdalaniz75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought my wife a 2015 Tahoe LT. At first, driving the vehicle on the test drive it seemed to ride really well. After driving more around town now that we own it It feels like it rides pretty rough.

I am interested in improving the ride quality front and back as well as lowering the rear to match the front.

Im interested in the belltech rear lowering kit and adding bilstein shocks front and rear. I dont want the rear to be lower than the front. I would prefer to have it just slightly tail high if possible. Any suggestions please let me know what is the best way to achieve a better ride quality as well as lowering the rear.

metalmaniac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony, has sells a rear leveling kit for the 15 and up. There is a thread showing the install.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is anything to "help" the ride. Michelin tire's supposedly ride better. What size wheels do you have?

Mine rides rough on OE 20s.
Feels like my lowered BMW without the handling benefits. :emotions34:

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i leveled mine w/ tony's kit.

rear is now 1.25 higher than front. where it was 3.5-4" higher stock

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rides good
handles well
looks so much better

towed a friends boat this weekend & it did great. it was just about perfectly level w/ the trailer on.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the set up i have in rear rides excellent. I tried belltech/eibach/matrix/mcgauhys and by far the belltech kit rides best autoride or non autoride

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bilsteins help as well. I put a set of 5100s in the front and makes a world of difference! Stock shocks are pretty weak. Not much wheel control.

OP
OP
cdalaniz75

cdalaniz75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks,
the set up i have in rear rides excellent. I tried belltech/eibach/matrix/mcgauhys and by far the belltech kit rides best autoride or non autoride

Norcal SS

I am ready to order the rear kit for my tahoe. What is the best way to go about ordering? I just want to lower the rear and make it level or 1/4'' higher in the rear than the front. Let me know.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks,

Norcal SS

I am ready to order the rear kit for my tahoe. What is the best way to go about ordering? I just want to lower the rear and make it level or 1/4'' higher in the rear than the front. Let me know.

Autoride or non autoride?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honda 01

Latest posts