Suspension help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I drove a z71 and unsure if the ride is supposed to be like this or not.

the ride quality is smooth but it sways an awful lot. Very loose and sloppy like. I want to stiffen it up and need some help figuring out the correct parts to get.

I don’t want to lift it. If anything I’d rather lower it. I miss the ride of my nbs ls. Want to make it similar to that.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I drove a z71 and unsure if the ride is supposed to be like this or not.

the ride quality is smooth but it sways an awful lot. Very loose and sloppy like. I want to stiffen it up and need some help figuring out the correct parts to get.

I don’t want to lift it. If anything I’d rather lower it. I miss the ride of my nbs ls. Want to make it similar to that.
@08z71bgm You are probably running the original suspension and it is probably time to replace it. At this point anything is going to ride better than what you have now so it depends on your preference on what you do. You could replace your worn shocks with new factory replacements and that is a good way to improve ride quality.

I happen to have a set of rear lowering springs that I'm looking to sell if you are interested.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I will be under there this weekend so I’ll inspect some stuff.
@08z71bgm If everything else is original it might be worth it to take your time and replace everything while you are at it. Shocks, control arms, tie rods, sway bar links, wheel bearings. I just spent the last month doing the same on mine, at 160,000 miles I figured it would be worth it to get it over with so that I don't have to go back under this beast for a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14