Supercruise owners, thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DmaxDenaliXL

Reaction score
So after 3 weeks at the dealer to fix my SC (which never worked), the field tech finally arrived and diagnosed a faulty image processing control module. No idea how long it will take to locate and get it to the dealer. So now I have the truck back without SC and no ETA on part arrival. Isn't GM the greatest?
That sucks. I'd ask them to extend your prepaid subscriptions at minimum all the months you couldn't use it.

That said, don't get discouraged. SC is, IMO, the best system out there. You'll be glad you have it once it is working for you. Its my favorite feature on ours.

gman2890

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is now about 4 months since I got my truck. It has been in the shop twice for a total of about 6 weeks for the SC issue. They have changed multiple cameras and modules and still can't figure it out. Now they ordered another camera and another module. GM is involved, but can't seem to figure out why is doesn't see the driver's face. Really disappointing.

dockpp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It works great on interstate and even some state highways like highway 41 in Georgia. It however keeps disengaging on highway 411 which is a minor highway every few seconds. Message shows supercruise unavailable. The supercruise map does show it being mapped. No construction on the road. Works great on interstate. On star and dealer have no clue. Someone suggested on another forum regarding similar experience with stop signs but there is only one stoplight on this route. No railroad crossings. But there are multiple intersections which have sections for U-turn and stop signs on both sides of the highway. I believe it does disengage several feets before this intersections. This is however quite inconsistent and I don't see the reasoning behind doing it. I suspect GM will have to update their criteria for disengagement prior to me being able to use it successfully. Not sure if there is a way to provide them with feedback.

dockpp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Supercruise just started working on these roads!! Not sure what changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts