Supercruise Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

New 2023 Yukon Denali that is equipped with SC and just today I noticed that the SC wasn't working. It was working before because I had used it but haven't had a chance until today to try it again. Not sure what is going on, the adaptive cruise is working fine but not the SC. Any thoughts on this, not sure what to try before I take it to the dealer. The highways that I was driving were all labeld on the SC map as good to go. The thing only has 1100 miles and I haven't even driven that much, thanks for any suggestions,

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Poor GPS connection? Glitch in the software that might resolve itself next time you start it? The only thing I'd try before taking it to the dealer if the issue persists is a 10mm wrench to the negative terminal. Remove for a couple of minutes and then reinstall. That has fixed numerous other issues on this forum that are software/electrical related.

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you getting a message that's it not available on the dash? I did something where I turned off ACC and it wouldn't let me use SC until I turned it back on.

OP
OP
zbad55

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you getting a message that's it not available on the dash? I did something where I turned off ACC and it wouldn't let me use SC until I turned it back on.
Yes, when I try to enable SC I get the message "SuperCruise is not available no road information". I have AC engaged but still no SC,

OP
OP
zbad55

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Poor GPS connection? Glitch in the software that might resolve itself next time you start it? The only thing I'd try before taking it to the dealer if the issue persists is a 10mm wrench to the negative terminal. Remove for a couple of minutes and then reinstall. That has fixed numerous other issues on this forum that are software/electrical related.
Do you have any idea how to tell if the GPS is working in the vehicle? I guess tomorrow I will try to disconnect the battery for a few and see if that works.

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the no information message from time to time. On the same section of road where it worked previously. Usually works a day or two later.

mplunk

Reaction score
I get the no information message from time to time. On the same section of road where it worked previously. Usually works a day or two later.
Same. It's a glitch that only happens occasionally- maybe 95% of the time it's fine on the interstates I drive daily, but once and a while the icon doesn't show as available.

OP
OP
zbad55

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update, I had OnStar do a refresh of the system but still a no go, they indicated that a technical advisor would be in contact in 3 to 5 days to further troubleshoot the issue. So we shall see,

GmcGal99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m having this EXACT SAME ISSUE with my 2023 Yukon Denali. Super cruise worked great the first day and then randomly stopped working. I’ve called onstar and been to two different dealers and nobody can figure this out. So frustrating and I don’t have time to leave my car for a week while they tinker around on it.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the latest issue of Motortrend. They said Supercruise was AWOL on the GMC Denali pick-up they just tested. Hmmmm.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518