Sunroof seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, my Yukon started leaking around the sunroof gasket. Instead of replacing the seal the previous owner just put a bunch of silicone around it to permanently seal it. I have been trying to find the replacement gasket for between the glass and roof but haven’t had any luck finding an OEM replacement. Has anyone else had this problem or would be able to point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might be clogged up drains. we got 4 of em, 2 in the back sides, 2 in the front corners.

OP
OP
Crippin87

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what I was hoping for so I started peeling the silicone off and started uncovering little holes in the seal.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my 1999 Tahoe I stuck copper wire up the hose and got all kinds Goody's came out . In my 2006 Yukon isn't the sunroof supposed close when ignition is turned off. It's staying open ...let me know .. my 1999 Tahoe auto closed . Can't believe they got rid of that option 7 years later . [emoji15]

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got water stains the other day over both of my visors. Resealed the antenna from the outside and still need to check the drains and gasket. It stays open with the key off, nice for cool nights!

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Got water stains the other day over both of my visors. Resealed the antenna from the outside and still need to check the drains and gasket. It stays open with the key off, nice for cool nights!

Hell. I can't even park with the windows cracked on a hot day. Last time I did that a group of folks shoved their entire mcdonalds trash through the window, apparently confusing it for a trash can. That includes a half empty drink or 4.

If I left my sunroof open we might need to have the porta potty talk....

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell. I can't even park with the windows cracked on a hot day. Last time I did that a group of folks shoved their entire mcdonalds trash through the window, apparently confusing it for a trash can. That includes a half empty drink or 4.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that the truck is unattended, can't do that anymore, at least around here.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

What **********! Probably a bunch of dumb disrespectful kids--hopefully adults didn't do that.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

******* animals where you live. wtf is up with that crap? i was a jerky kid, but thats nothing id ever had done.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
In my 1999 Tahoe I stuck copper wire up the hose and got all kinds Goody's came out . In my 2006 Yukon isn't the sunroof supposed close when ignition is turned off. It's staying open ...let me know .. my 1999 Tahoe auto closed . Can't believe they got rid of that option 7 years later . [emoji15]

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

My 06 doesn't close with ignition off, and I'd be figuring out how to disable that if it did. I sit and wait for kids to come out of youth group or friends houses on nice summer nights with the truck off and the roof open all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts