Sunroof making a lot of noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nikki'sHoe08

Reaction score
So when it rains and I'm driving sometimes I will crack the sunroof, not open it fully but tilt it up to get some airflow, when I do this I notice an extremely loud dripping noise , nothing is getting in the truck at all but I'm wondering if this mean water is getting inside the unit, I looked and there was no leaks but it's such an annoying sound and it stops when I slide the cover but I don't want damage to the motor or rust to start. Anyone experience this?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm that's odd. Both my vehicles have sunroofs and neither make that noise. You should go to the dealership and get that checked out. Welcome btw!

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Nikki'sHoe08,

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle and may need to visit your local dealership. I would be happy to make the process of going to the dealership as easy as possible. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

OP
OP
Nikki'sHoe08

Nikki'sHoe08

Reaction score
Well my 08 is definitely out of warranty and they charge so much here to just look at trucks so I might have to wait on that. It is just annoying as hell because it sounds like water is comin in but it's not as far as I can tell

teginder81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's a thought for you. It could be the direction you are traveling and the direction the wind is in. combined wind direction and speed can cause this. I had a vehicle W/sunroof that did the same thing. You might try some rubber & vinal dressing on the seals. Just use a cotton or cloth swab. The seals do become dry and hard ,this will cause them to shrink. I would'nt think that would your problem. Have someone ride with you . Push up,forward and to the sides ,see if it stoppes or makes a differance. If none of the afore mentioned help. I would take the car back for adjustment or replacement of the seals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdadair

Latest posts