Sunlit Comet need your help with this one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kanz24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sunlit I lost the fuel pump on my 97 Tahoe on Saturday night. I was adamant about my Mechanic Installing the Delphi replacement pump. Keep in mind my mechanic and I have been good friends since we were 3 years old. So He tells me that He will install whatever I want but lately he has had nothing but problems with Delphi and the shop has since switched over to Carter fuel pumps. I was concerned since Carter has a really bad rap, But according to My mechanic Carter has merged with Federal Mogul and the quality has been improved. One of the other issues that came up is that Delphi would only give me a 6 month warranty and Carter would give me a year. my mechanic replaced his fuel pump with a Carter 4 weeks ago. So I would like to think if they were junk he wouldn't be using them on his personal vehicle's. Whats your opinion?

OP
OP
K

kanz24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
According to the mechanic it was numerous issues. From faulty welds on the wires to pumps not putting out the correct psi.

OP
OP
K

kanz24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I went with the carter. The one year warranty was the deal closer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo