Sun visors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diesel2door96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys, I’m trying to find some replacement Sun visors and having very little luck. I have a 96 tahoe with beige/tan interior and can’t for the life of me find some new ones out there. Anyone know of a place that I can get some?

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know of anywhere to get brand new ones. Maybe you can find some NOS on ebay, but I haven't seen any. I would like some blue ones for my Tahoe. I have seen some tan/beige ones on facebook market place and Craigslist. Usually it's from someone who has taken them from junkyards but they still look pretty good. You take them to an upholstery shop and have them redone. I can't imagine it would cost too much. If I come across any I will post a link for you.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They sell reproductions on lmctruck.com. It's hard to tell from the picture if the back side of them are equipped with the lighted mirror like the OEM ones. They are probably just cloth on both sides.
CAB3C841-8CD5-4FB5-BAD2-5034DD23D215.png

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My son put those LMC visors in his truck. There was no mirror or elastic hold-down strip. Just plain on both sides. Other than him choosing black fabric when the interior is beige (hey, what do I know) they look just fine. They’re made by Acme and looked the same as the stock style. I reused the original visor arms.

In addition to the pickup style, Stockinteriors.com sells the Tahoe/Burb style that have the latch. Though shaped the same, they don’t look to include the pull-out extension. They seem to have more choices for fabric material and will send you free samples.

I couldn’t prove it, but I suspect that Acme is the primary supplier for all of these. Last I checked, Rockauto sells the pickup style as well.

54429166-5DD6-4D9E-BA28-80ED688DD766.jpeg

Last edited:

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are pricey. Especially if you add a mirror. My visors can be saggy for those prices. But at there are some other options out there.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The elastics on mine, look like used dirty tensor bandages! Lol. I pin them up with a poppy after Rememberance/Veteran's Day. It's on the list of things the upholstery shop will need to fix one day.

OP
OP
Diesel2door96

Diesel2door96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know of anywhere to get brand new ones. Maybe you can find some NOS on ebay, but I haven't seen any. I would like some blue ones for my Tahoe. I have seen some tan/beige ones on facebook market place and Craigslist. Usually it's from someone who has taken them from junkyards but they still look pretty good. You take them to an upholstery shop and have them redone. I can't imagine it would cost too much. If I come across any I will post a link for you.
I appreciate it. That would be great. I want to try to keep the mirrors and the extensions if possible. I may just get mine redone. I need new cardboard inside as well. It’s all swollen and broke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne