Subwoofer Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Ryan Casey

Reaction score
I have found that after I installed a sony xva1000 and set the bass boost to level 2/2, it actually sounds really good for what it is, and the base is actually unreal for just that factory center console bose sub. Not going to be winning any competitions any time soon, but I had the original bose nav touch screen, so it wasn't that hard to swap out with the sony with a wiring kit from best buy for a hundred bucks or so, took about an hour and honestly it isn't even worth taking up the extra space to add a sub box or taking the time to make something to go behind the fake grill because the bass that I have is more than sufficient for what I want, and matches any 8 inches that I would be able to stuff behind the fake grill with such a shallow depth and like I said, not a big fan of taking up precious space in the back of my 18 wheeler like SUV that I drive all by my self with nothing in it :)

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
I have the factory console sub still doing it’s thing also, nothing wrong with it at all, useable space used for just a touch more

BentleyArnage

Reaction score
Cheap trick for the sub box. Fill it with pink insulation. It tricks the speaker into thinking the box is bigger. We did this 30 years ago. It should still be good advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne