Suburban vs. Tahoe C-Pillar trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all,
can anyone confirm the following...

Suburban vs. tahoe or Yukon vs. XL rear door QUARTER PANEL c-pillar trim...ANY DIFFERENCE in size?

i just spoke with a company about ordering their vinyl wrap black out kit and he mention several people who have had the XL or Longer versions have stated that his kit is SHORT in height for that trim piece only.

not sure if they are installing correctly, but i cannot locate any difference in part numbers between those vehicles and that trim piece.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all,
can anyone confirm the following...

Suburban vs. tahoe or Yukon vs. XL rear door QUARTER PANEL c-pillar trim...ANY DIFFERENCE in size?

i just spoke with a company about ordering their vinyl wrap black out kit and he mention several people who have had the XL or Longer versions have stated that his kit is SHORT in height for that trim piece only.

not sure if they are installing correctly, but i cannot locate any difference in part numbers between those vehicles and that trim piece.
I am confused about your location, you say rear door and then quarter panel and then c pillar those are 3 different things
photo? of said area

OP
OP
STORMIN08

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-2.jpg so we are clear...A-pillar=windshield; B-pillar = rear of front door; C-pillar =behind rear door; D-pillar=above taillight
i mentioned rear door trim on the quarter panel, again...i cannot find or visibly see a difference. but the shop mentioned others who ordered for an XL or suburban claim his pieces are short in height.

probably just an installer error as he claims his installs have all worked. i just want to confirm before i purchase additional material by the foot to ensure i have enough to complete.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah the big thing that is diff....is the wheel well moves into the rear door.
that would be dumb of GM to change size of chrome bits for all their models due to that ;)

the other peeps installing may have made the eariler cuts too long, thus making the last piece too short... guessing

OP
OP
STORMIN08

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agreed, but all sites have the same part number for that part...As they should.

i think my plan is to order the kit, and also purchase by the foot enough to cover the piece above the taillights... if needed, i can use it for the window trim and then discuss the kit errors further with the supplier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcuevas9026