Suburban 2500 search is frustrating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the prices people are asking maybe I should list mine with a crazy price and see if anyone bites.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have seen it reported on different tv stations and seen proof here and see it at the lots with their prices. The pandemic is causing job problems and therefore money problems and if someone needs a vehicle they are buying used and not so much new because of the future uncertainty for the economy and jobs. Therefore the used vehicles prices have gone up across the board, IMO.

As some here know, I live at and manage a self storage facility. I thought when the pandemic hit we would lose tenants here. To the contrary, we are busier than ever. Self storage is pretty much recession proof. Previous president economy was crap and the self storage business boomed and lots of facilities were built. The same is happening now. I have not raised my rents and don't plan on it but I get calls all the time for units. People in this pandemic that have lost jobs are now co-mingling again, like with the last economy, and their items are going into storage.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have looked at CL and Facebook Marketplace and just seem to not get any luck finding a 2000 to 2006 Suburban 2500 4wd. Anyone close to the west cost and especially the PNW know of one for sale?

There are a few for sale locally here in Southern CA on Craigslist and OfferUp. Try Orange County Craigslist specifically. Good luck in your search.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If I eventually go with the 2500 Sub or a Silverado with a Duramax, I am going to find it close to home. Long road trips are not fun unless I can hang around and amaze people how much I can drink and still talk the English language. "Know what I mean Vern?!"

CMNTMXR57

Reaction score
Newbie here, but looking for the same. COVID-19 has a lot to do with it. Prior to the pandemic, there were a lot more out there for sale. When the pandemic hit, there were none.

I look every night on AutoTrader as it has the best filtering ability. So you're fighting me :p I want one to better support my 8ft Western plow. My GMT400 is doing it, but isn't really meant for that big of a plow and the abuse from pushing snow.

I am looking at GMT800's specifically for the 8.1 (I miss that from my '02 2500HD). I look at the GMT900's just for newer, nicer interior. I would really prefer the 800 though. I also like to keep mileage under 150k.

With that said in their unlimited mileage search, there are currently;

GMT800's;
9 Suburban's: 1 in Montana, 2 in Florida, 3 in Virginia, 1 in Kentucky, 1 in Ohio, 1 in Minnesota. 4 of these are 8.1's. One in Florida has 2500HD wheels (which is sharp as all get out), is 8.1, but the owner was going to do a D-Max conversion, so he has the LB7 available also. Problem is, it's an LS. I want LT or SLT (for GMC). The one in Minnesota is listed as 8.1L Diesel. I sent an email to them to inform them that it is NOT a diesel.

6 Yukon XL's: 2 in Ohio, 2 in California, 1 in Texas, and 1 here in Illinois. 2 of them have 8.1's. What is funny, is that last night when I looked, there was a 7th. And with that 7th, 3 of these were Quadrasteer's. Such a rare unicorn and there were 3 of them for sale out of that batch. :D

When we get in to 900's there are obviously a lot more. For the Chevy's, the bulk are LS packages. For the GMC, there is one SLT in Roseville California with lower mileage that I have been watching to see if the price drops.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newbie here, but looking for the same. COVID-19 has a lot to do with it. Prior to the pandemic, there were a lot more out there for sale. When the pandemic hit, there were none.

I look every night on AutoTrader as it has the best filtering ability. So you're fighting me :p I want one to better support my 8ft Western plow. My GMT400 is doing it, but isn't really meant for that big of a plow and the abuse from pushing snow.

I am looking at GMT800's specifically for the 8.1 (I miss that from my '02 2500HD). I look at the GMT900's just for newer, nicer interior. I would really prefer the 800 though. I also like to keep mileage under 150k.

GMT800's;
9 Suburban's: 1 in Montana, 2 in Florida, 3 in Virginia, 1 in Kentucky, 1 in Ohio, 1 in Minnesota. 4 of these are 8.1's. One in Florida has 2500HD wheels (which is sharp as all get out), is 8.1, but the owner was going to do a D-Max conversion, so he has the LB7 available also. Problem is, it's an LS. I want LT or SLT (for GMC). The one in Minnesota is listed as 8.1L Diesel. I sent an email to them to inform them that it is NOT a diesel.

6 Yukon XL's: 2 in Ohio, 2 in California, 1 in Texas, and 1 here in Illinois. 2 of them have 8.1's. What is funny, is that last night when I looked, there was a 7th. And with that 7th, 3 of these were Quadrasteer's. Such a rare unicorn and there were 3 of them for sale out of that batch. :D

When we get in to 900's there are obviously a lot more. For the Chevy's, the bulk are LS packages. For the GMC, there is one SLT in Roseville California with lower mileage that I have been watching to see if the price drops.
Check this out Tom
https://modesto.craigslist.org/ctd/d/oakdale-suburban-4x4-only-58k-miles/7167592336.html

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

GMT800's;

It's surprising to see how well these 3/4T hold their value. What would an '01 Sub LT 4wd w/ 8.1 and just over 120k miles bring on the the market?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas