Suburban 2500 search is frustrating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newbie here, but looking for the same. COVID-19 has a lot to do with it. Prior to the pandemic, there were a lot more out there for sale. When the pandemic hit, there were none.

I look every night on AutoTrader as it has the best filtering ability. So you're fighting me :p I want one to better support my 8ft Western plow. My GMT400 is doing it, but isn't really meant for that big of a plow and the abuse from pushing snow.

I am looking at GMT800's specifically for the 8.1 (I miss that from my '02 2500HD). I look at the GMT900's just for newer, nicer interior. I would really prefer the 800 though. I also like to keep mileage under 150k.

With that said in their unlimited mileage search, there are currently;

GMT800's;
9 Suburban's: 1 in Montana, 2 in Florida, 3 in Virginia, 1 in Kentucky, 1 in Ohio, 1 in Minnesota. 4 of these are 8.1's. One in Florida has 2500HD wheels (which is sharp as all get out), is 8.1, but the owner was going to do a D-Max conversion, so he has the LB7 available also. Problem is, it's an LS. I want LT or SLT (for GMC). The one in Minnesota is listed as 8.1L Diesel. I sent an email to them to inform them that it is NOT a diesel.

6 Yukon XL's: 2 in Ohio, 2 in California, 1 in Texas, and 1 here in Illinois. 2 of them have 8.1's. What is funny, is that last night when I looked, there was a 7th. And with that 7th, 3 of these were Quadrasteer's. Such a rare unicorn and there were 3 of them for sale out of that batch. :D

When we get in to 900's there are obviously a lot more. For the Chevy's, the bulk are LS packages. For the GMC, there is one SLT in Roseville California with lower mileage that I have been watching to see if the price drops.

Look at all the sites. Many of these are sold to small used car lots that only advertise on one website...

CMNTMXR57

Reaction score
The problem is, none of the others filter as well and I have to wade through 600 half-tons to find the diamond. Cars.com is probably second on the list after AutoTrader.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OE Wheels makes those wheels in the correct bolt pattern for the 2500 Suburbans (originally they are the wrong bolt pattern, 2011+ is different on the trucks, but the Suburban/Yukon XL kept the old bolt pattern)

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is, none of the others filter as well and I have to wade through 600 half-tons to find the diamond. Cars.com is probably second on the list after AutoTrader.

Add a keyword search on Autotrader for "2500." That should eliminate the vast majority of half-tons in your search results.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try autolist. It was helpful to me, though I ended up finding the vehicle I wanted on Facebook. Also, if you were willing to travel, I found a good project for you: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2563657170615669/?ref=messenger_banner

And, yes, that Suburban is a 2500!

I am not in a position to take on a project, but the parts alone should make it worthwhile; I asked what was wrong with the Suburban, and this was his response:

"Fly wheel torq converter and battery and the inside could be cleaned up pretty good it’s been sitting for years probably needs the gas tank drained"

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Try autolist. It was helpful to me, though I ended up finding the vehicle I wanted on Facebook. Also, if you were willing to travel, I found a good project for you: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2563657170615669/?ref=messenger_banner

And, yes, that Suburban is a 2500!

I am not in a position to take on a project, but the parts alone should make it worthwhile; I asked what was wrong with the Suburban, and this was his response:

"Fly wheel torq converter and battery and the inside could be cleaned up pretty good it’s been sitting for years probably needs the gas tank drained"
Doesn't look bad at all--from the pic. Def worth the price.

CMNTMXR57

Reaction score
Add a keyword search on Autotrader for "2500." That should eliminate the vast majority of half-tons in your search results.

I do. Autotrader isn't the issue. I prefer AutoTrader. It's the other sites. Although when looking at GMT900's, even putting in the keyword "2500" you still get a ton of half-tons.

CMNTMXR57

Reaction score
Which one of you guys snagged the '04 LT at Beaverton Hyundai?

By the time I called today, it was gone. Someone in Seattle came down and got it.

Denali_XL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts