Sub box ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

getonerd

Reaction score
i been pondering on make a new box or do something different the subs im planned on using are lanzar max12D i might add another total of 4 two on each side

i thought about making a Fiberglass box here
20140714_071217.jpg

i got the idea
Screenshot2014-06-16103404.gif

or do something like this
c1syt110_p-d_after.gif

OP
OP
getonerd

getonerd

Reaction score
Well i just ended up getting an rear panel off an 99 im still working on it for an single 12
3c1df1ce0ca3f097e0bfbbeb85c7b469.jpg

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id really like to tackle this myself but I'm getting lazy in my old age... let me kno if u plan on selling any... I got 1st dibs...

trevcda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got two JBL DVC tens down-firing in a sealed box and I think they sound great. They get as loud and as low as need most of the time. Freeway with the windows down is pushing if a little. I've got other boxes to choose from for more bass or more room.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had two 12s in a sealed enclosure not down firing had alot of rattling mainly from all that plastic in the cargo area i tore it all out and lined everything with this stuff i got from lowes its way cheaper then dyno mat i think its called peel and seel

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two Powerbass S-!0 subs in a center console I built about 6 years ago.
Made brackets to move the seats back 1 1/2" and out 1 1/2" (towards the doors), left me with about 14" between the seats. Did an amp rack on the bottom, then have the subs in the bottom of the enclosure firing down. Managed about 2.25 cu ft internal airspace before port displacement, and running them with a Lightning Audio 1000.1 (500w RMS@ 2 ohms).

Plenty loud, enough to make the (tightly mounted) rearview mirror blurry. I'm not "flexing" the windshield or the roof, but I don't care for the "blatt blatt" sound of most of the ultra excursion subs out there now.

I like my low end tight!

Describes the women I like, too...

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

FWIW.... if I didn't do an amp rack on the bottom, and did an enclosure flowing from the dash, staying the same height as the armrests on the seats, I would have wound up with an enclosure of nearly 5.25 cu ft.

Would have had enough room for my former Celestion AD15H's, mounted on either side.
Would have needed grilles, but think of the low-end presence with two 15" subs at your feet.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove