Stuck on DEFROST!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockstar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cant find a vacuum leak. Heat n AC work. But the "blend" indicator just blinks. Befor it would only switch between df dash and floor, wouldn't.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing! Find anything out on how to fix it?

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when mine was stuck on defrost i changed my climate control on the dash, my rca wires made it short out and you could see it was burnt up in areas since the board isnt covered

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you are talking about the switches? I just put new OEM controls in and it still does it! My 97 SWB did the same thing and I also put new controls in it. Still same problem!?

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn them switches aint cheap i spent over 100$ on mine and ive went thru 3 of them lol

Mex-Nali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cant find a vacuum leak. Heat n AC work. But the "blend" indicator just blinks. Befor it would only switch between df dash and floor, wouldn't.

My '04 did the same thing after I replaced the battery. Thinking something was up, I googled it and on page two I found this gem:

Turn the climate control and the radio off.
pull the fuse under the hood marked hvac/ecas 10 amp in the right side
Leave the fuse out for about a minute.
reinstall the fuse.

******do not touch the c.c. switch when you restart the truck******
restart the truck, the c.c. will automatically reset to 74* and start cycling.
it will take about 1 min for the c.c. to reset itself, you should hear it running through the cycles.

there has been one or two times I've had to go through this procedure a couple of times for it to reset.

Worked.

smoky02

Reaction score
So this is a vacuum problem? Mine blows out of the straight vents but no matter what setting it's on it blows out the defrost also.

fuzzwell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found this which is the "OIL RESET" but it also reset my vent actuator on my 2005 GMC Yukon with the defrost only working.

Tried the climate control reset, and that did not work. Then this worked:

Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
Immediately after Step 1 press and release the gas pedal 3 times within 5 seconds.
If the Change Oil Soon light flashes the system is resetting.

Once it is reset: Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruben03yukonDenal

Latest posts