Stubborn wire connector on top of gas tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PierceHaney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can’t remove this thing for the life of me! Any tips ? I’ve taken both plastic pieces shown off of the connector and still won’t come off. Thanks in advance. F4C12A4D-8A85-47EE-8373-31D59D7EADFA.jpeg

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take pliers or channel locks and squeeze the sides of the connector and pull it straight out, I'm sure it will require a little fore but just be careful,

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

You must live in a salt road state. IMO, looks extremely corroded in there. With those other pieces removed, it should fall apart, again IMO. Have you sprayed anything like brake kleen in there and let soak or even penetrant?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty sure you can undo the latch by sticking a flat screwdriver in the opening where I've drawn the red arrow:

F4C12A4D-8A85-47EE-8373-31D59D7EADFA.jpeg

Here's what the latch looks like as the arrow points to it, you have to raise that little latch up:

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A little hard to see but that latch needs to go up to clear the catch:

Capture2.JPG

Might also help to push in on the harness connector (like you're trying to push it ON) as you're lifting the latch, taking the pressure off of it.

If that doesn't work let us know what does.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PierceHaney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

You must live in a salt road state. IMO, looks extremely corroded in there. With those other pieces removed, it should fall apart, again IMO. Have you sprayed anything like brake kleen in there and let soak or even penetrant?
Trucks never been out of Texas. Haven’t tried spraying it yet…it seemed so stuck, I assumed I was just doing it wrong !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84