Street suspension nightmare - + updated +

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm venting a bit and still working through the issues but this experience has been pretty disappointing. Ordered the 2-3 drop kit and heavy duty sways from Tony, 24" KMC 677 D2s from discount tire direct along with nitto 305.35's, and a fog light kit from Vanquish auto.

Nothing has gone as expected. The rear looks like it got a 5" drop so there is no rake at all in the truck. The tires are rubbing. And Vanquish failed to include instructions for the fogs.

I'm less worried about the drop kit cause everyone's experience here and my brief conversations with Tony via emails, instills confidence so I am sure he will help me work through the drop issue.

KMC and DTD are less awe inspiring. After getting shipped a set of black wheels instead of chrome as per my original order, I come to find out that there are 2 types of wheels - hub centric and lug centric. The D2s are lug centric so I need to order a hub rings to correct that. I was told I needed to buy shallow/short lugs in order for the center caps to fit. So i did. And with the wheels mounted, the center caps still don't fit.....sigh....

I'm having a hard time believing that I am the first person on the planet to buy these wheels from DTD for a Tahoe/Burb/Yukon/Esky and them not have at least some type of information to provide customers.

Lastly I purchased a fog light kit from Vanquish. They sell a kit that hooks up to your existing harness so that the fogs come on when the headlights come on. Good enough for me and I don't have to add a switch to the dash or have my BCM programmed. No instructions. I reached out t them multiple times over the last few months with no response. Someone finally got back to me at 10pm EST last night. I'm disappointed that it took me threatening to return the product to get thier attention. Especially since they got my money months ago.

So anyways, I am hoping my post will help educate a few of us rookies who don't know all the ins and outs of wheels. Vanquish has been a disappointment thus far. I'll post again as I work through the issues. All the vendors I'm working with do deserve a fair shake so I will keep everyone posted. I'll put a picture of cheese on my next post since you were all so kind to listen to me whine.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the headaches. But it does look f ing slick

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately you are not the first to complain about Vanquish if you had the time to look at previous threads. It seems they sell a good product but somewhat lacking in customer service. Hopefully you will get all of your issues worked out.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gm used 3 diffferent spring rates on the trucks and rear on suburban will lower .5 more due to weight.

We can always get a spacer for rear to lift it up more

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be fair, most off-the-shelf aftermarket wheels are lug-centric. They make the bore oversized so it can fit more universally amongst the different brands that share the bolt pattern. Toyota pick-ups bore size is 106-107mm, whereas our rigs are 78mm for example. You really dont need hub centric rings as long as a little extra care is taken when mounting the wheels. Installing and torquing via the star pattern is crucial for lug centric wheels so that way the force is distributed evenly amongst the lugs. Most rub centric rings are cheap plastic that cracks and breaks anyways.

Still though whoever you bought the wheels/tires from should of laid it out clearly. I feel that its common practice for tire shops to quote you the price of the tires, then surprise you at the end with the full lump sum of labor, mount/balance, tire recycling and other small "hidden fee's" like lugnuts, valve stems, etc..

Suburban looks good though. I think the drop and wheels look perfect IMO

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Is this with just the rear lowered?
Did you lower the front at all?
Assuming the swaybars you got from Tony were Eibach, how’d the install go straight remove stock and install Eibach?
Did you get aftermarket endlinks?
Where are your tires rubbing? Front or Rear?

This ride height looks really good, very level. Are you wanting to raise the rear from the ride height in this pic?

Sorry so many questions, but I’ve got quite a few parts sitting in my garage (similar to your list) awaiting install.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stance looks perfect to me- why would you want a rake? Most of us want it level. Hope you get the rest figured out, looks good. Vanquish service is terrible.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard this about vanquish service. Oddly enough I've had all my front lights in by them. Never needed service .Knock on wood.

roccos_van

Reaction score
The rake is a simple fix. Tony can get you a 1" spacer for the rear coils. Most aftermarket wheels are lug cebtric. Get a set of hub rings that will help...also look for sort open cap lug nuts those may work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austinsham