Strangest thing happened with trip computer today… anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpollak81

Reaction score
First off, 2015.5, GMC Yukon Denali with about 100k on it.

So this morning we drove 110 miles from our house for our boys martial arts tournament. Left the house with about a half tank. We arrived with the trip A at about 310 miles and average mpg showing 16.5. Trip B had just been tallying up ove the last couple months so don’t remember what it said.

It’s about 100 deg outside today so as we were heading out to the car I hit the remote start to start cooling it down. Loaded up the car, kids get in and I hop in. Foot on the brake and hit the start button to fully wake up the car.

First notice the trip a is kind of reset. Mpg and avg mph are reset to 0 but trip shows 38,531 miles!!! I check trip B and it says the same thing… I scrolled through the rest of the screens and nothing else is reset except the engine hours!!!! They are reset to 0…. Zilch! To my knowledge you can’t reset the hours. I don’t remember exactly what they were, but I remember last time I checked them they were over 3k I’m sure.

No idea what is going on!!! I put a brand new battery in it 2 weeks ago. And it got new brakes last week.

Anyone else have this happen? Seems like a serious glitch…

Picture was taken after we drove down the road for a few minutes.

122F64B3-8301-48DF-8F72-2050009F373D.jpeg

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a poor connection somewhere. I would check under the red fuse box by the battery and tighten all bolts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17

Latest posts