Stock Keys All The Way Down (pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

njJohn

Reaction score
Just playing today. First pic is stock(92 4x4 Blazer) with 265/75-16(one size bigger than stock). Secound is with the bolts backed out all the way. I only took it around the block between measuements. Its not legal, yet.
Its a full inch.

238gmv.jpg

m751sk.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
njJohn

njJohn

Reaction score
More info: its very close to the bump stops, but not touching. I will be cutting them.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a shop near me, they had a Jimmy 4wd they lowered like 4".

From what I remember, they found some aftermarket torsion keys that were indexed differently, allowed the whole front end to settle down, and still had enough weight on the torsions to prevent them from being loose.

Since the Ford keys are indexed to provide a lift in reference to the stock Chevy keys, what if you used the Ford keys, and clocked them one turn (1/6th on the hex ends) of the torsions? If you wound up turning them all the way up, it'd be close to comparable as turning the Chevy keys down (as you've already done). Back the bolts out further, the front end keeps dropping, while maintaining pressure on the keys.

Follow me?

OP
OP
njJohn

njJohn

Reaction score
I hear yah. But, I just may get some indexed keys if the shackles lower the ass too much.

OP
OP
njJohn

njJohn

Reaction score
It came down maybe another 3/8" in a few days driving. I'll post more pics once the shackles are in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts