Stock 2015 Yukon Denali Xl 275/65/18 Duratracs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this will help. he search engine on this forum is hard to negotiate until you really really get used to it.

I am sick of the ride with these MRC and the 20 inch stock continentals just are "meh" at best. They dont do anything but get great MPG.

And considering I only have 21k on the clock after almost 4 years, thats not a huge concern.

I have been looking for a set of 17 inch take off wheels with a decent set of tires. Something that had tires that wouldnt cry when we drove to the mountains and there was snow on the road.Sadly everything I had come across either came with trashed tires and they wanted a mint for or stock new tires that they wanted 2 mints for lol.

Anything decent was over half a days drive each direction. I couldnt get the missus to let me go that long. (house husband)

I was just about to pull the trigger on a set of methods and a set of duratracs (I really liked mine on my colorado) or KO's. (I had a set of their last gen which I wasnt a fan of, but people swear by the current gen)

Anyways, I had given up searching for a bit and then decided to take a look last night. There was a set of 18 inch silverado wheels and LT275/65/18 duratracs with sensors for sale. The duratracs were the 10 ply which I wasnt super excited about... but while I was considering it, this XL is a pig and the extra layer on the sidewall isnt a bad thing when your wife drives up curbs...

Anyways, the price of the set was the same as the tires new. The tires looked to have about 500-1000 miles on them. Noyt brand new but dang new....

So now we have tires for snow and pot holes. Not 17's but hopefully more comfortable. Now I just need to work on adjusting air pressure. The math says 47 psi... Im hoping I can run less

Anyone have any experience on a comfy pressure that isnt concerned about mileage? (I can bump it up for any freeway runs)yukon duratracs.jpeg

JohnnyR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How did these load range E Duratrac's work out for you? Am considering the LT 275/65-18 E tires for our otherwise unmodified 2020 Suburban LT w/tow package for our Alaska rig.
Currently running 275/65-18 Cooper M+S

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the duratracs. I have had three sets on three different trucks.
I run toyo on a prerunner and bffoodrich before the duratracs.

One thing I will say: Do NOT get the E rated duratrac. They make it in a softer sidewall. Get the softer sidewall.
You will be chasing air pressure vs sway for ever and it just sucks.

I towed the prerunner on an aluminum trailer to see if everything got better and no. It just wasn’t happy.

so stay away from e rated tires. Our vehicles were designed for SL tires so stay with C or at max D...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys