Stereo ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shumif1

Reaction score
Hello , new here and to Chevy Tahoe. Question about a 14 Z71. I see the headphone Jack on the radio and worked well with playing music from my phone but it can't charge it . I also see the USB in the center console , again works well playing music and charges phone but doesn't let me hear phone calls through the car. is there anyway to combine the two so I can listen to music , charge and have phone conversations through the car? Or should I just change out the head unit ? My stereo is a Bose non Navi. How much modifying would it take to put a factory head unit with navigation , is it plug and play ?
Thanks

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello , new here and to Chevy Tahoe. Question about a 14 Z71. I see the headphone Jack on the radio and worked well with playing music from my phone but it can't charge it . I also see the USB in the center console , again works well playing music and charges phone but doesn't let me hear phone calls through the car. is there anyway to combine the two so I can listen to music , charge and have phone conversations through the car? Or should I just change out the head unit ? My stereo is a Bose non Navi. How much modifying would it take to put a factory head unit with navigation , is it plug and play ?
Thanks
Connect your phone to truck with the Bluetooth for calls but it has to be plugged in to usb to stream music.
Aftermarket HU are plug and play with extra harness that is usually purchased when you buy the HU..

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most difficult part of installing a HU with a NAV unit is installing the antenna for the NAV. If you have an iPhone, you can use WAZE or Google Maps through the HU for navigation. You would just need a HU that has Apple Play. Either way, like Galante said, you will need a couple of harness adapters so you can use your steering wheel buttons and chimes. Best thing to do is call Crutchfield and tell them what you want and they will walk you through the best HU for you. For a fee ( well worth it IMO ) they will pre-wire the harness’s to make it actually plug-n-play. I’ve dealt with them many times over the years and they’ve never once tried to sell me something I don’t need, if you run in to a problem, their tech support is second to none. Good Luck!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

As recommended above by Danny3737, there are lots of head units out there that will give you the features and usability that you are looking for, at a reasonable price. Crutchfield is a great place to start, as they will also assist you with the interconnection devices you need, that will allow the new head unit to match up to your truck's existing connectors.

Good luck on your project!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts