Stereo issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airforcejetmech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe with 6 disc changer and Bose speakers (well at least boss front tweeters)

The back door speakers on both sides and both rear tweeters have no sound. Did all 4 of these really just go out at once? Anyone have any other ideas what could be going on?

Also, does anyone know where the factory sub and amp is really located? I'm hearing it's under the center console.

Thanks for any the advice,

Donnie

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe with 6 disc changer and Bose speakers (well at least boss front tweeters)

The back door speakers on both sides and both rear tweeters have no sound. Did all 4 of these really just go out at once? Anyone have any other ideas what could be going on?

Bad amp?

Also, does anyone know where the factory sub and amp is really located? I'm hearing it's under the center console.

Amp and sub under center console

OP
OP
A

Airforcejetmech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You think the amp went on those channels but still pushing the fronts? Ever heard of anyone bypassing the amp?

2ndTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You think the amp went on those channels but still pushing the fronts? Ever heard of anyone bypassing the amp?
I have the same issue with my (identicle?) 07, plus none of the console rear controls work.
I know the sub and amp are under the console and all fuses are good and have heard that a loose connector on the amp can cause all these issues. Would be great to find a schematic of those connectors before I tear apart the console.
Good luck to you.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my (identicle?) 07, plus none of the console rear controls work.
I know the sub and amp are under the console and all fuses are good and have heard that a loose connector on the amp can cause all these issues. Would be great to find a schematic of those connectors before I tear apart the console.
Good luck to you.

If your rear audio controls aren't working I would get that working first because it may be stuck in the "headphone" position which disables the rear speakers.

2ndTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If your rear audio controls aren't working I would get that working first because it may be stuck in the "headphone" position which disables the rear speakers.
Thanks, I tried plugging in a headphones into each jack to see if ther was a broken plug stuck in one of them but there wasn't. Can't find any fuses labeled rear console controls so I'll have to figure out a way to get the controls out to inspect.

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I tried plugging in a headphones into each jack to see if ther was a broken plug stuck in one of them but there wasn't. Can't find any fuses labeled rear console controls so I'll have to figure out a way to get the controls out to inspect.

Not sure how to do it, but remove the back panel and see if all the connectors are connected, can you control the rear A/C?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

It just pops out... do you have the wireless headphones? Assumming you have the RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) If so check to see if you have audio in the headphones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts