Stereo Bezel removal - 2009 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zKing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Taking off the stereo bezel is fairly easy but it's best to take you time so you don't scratch up your dash or break the plastic bezel its self.

As for tools ... you'll have to use something that is quite thin but also has some strength to it so you can use it to gently pry with. I didn't have anything that thin so I ended up using two butter knives. Sounds stupid but they did the trick and didn't leave a scratch.

The bezel is held on by 9 clips. 4 on the sides of the radio and heat controls and one at the bottom in the very center.

It's very tight to the dash so it's best just to find a spot where you can actually get a tool in. On mine this happened to be about half way on the driver's side. From there it's just a matter of slowly working your way around a clip at a time. I left the bottom for last since the plastic is quite thin.

Check out my post in the +2007 interior section if you want to see a few pictures.

Cheers :)

govols1911

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very Helpful

I am trying to replace the CD/DVD Player on my 07 Denali with the OEM Nav unit with rear entertainment. I am still researching to see what all I need to change that out. Your pictures were helpful to know how to get the trim off. Thanks

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trim kit

look up 'automotive trim kit' or dash removal... i bought a $15 kit and it came w/5 tools that are exactly what you need to pull trim panels... thin, plastic, strong, etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n240sxlover