Startup Hesitation and Stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used throttle body cleaner and a rag before, you will want to try and clean inside where the valve sits also

chilerancher

Reaction score
We had that intermittent P0300 around 280k miles. It made the check engine light flash, right? It was a precursor code to a specific cylinder code (e.g. P030x where x is the cylinder with the problem.) Preliminary diagnosis (swapping plugs, coils, etc.) showed that the issue followed the coils. Because we had been problem-free for 280k miles, we decided to replace the plugs, wires, coils. (Lots of miles, replace the things while we're in there.) The problem went away. I'm confident it was a coil problem. Used new AC Delco coils.

You can rule out fuel pressure by testing it with a fuel pressure gauge at the fuel rail with key on, engine off. Should be >= 45 psi or so, iirc. (Replace the fuel filter if that hasn't happened already anyway.)

OP
OP
L

lumberjack890

Reaction score
We had that intermittent P0300 around 280k miles. It made the check engine light flash, right? It was a precursor code to a specific cylinder code (e.g. P030x where x is the cylinder with the problem.) Preliminary diagnosis (swapping plugs, coils, etc.) showed that the issue followed the coils. Because we had been problem-free for 280k miles, we decided to replace the plugs, wires, coils. (Lots of miles, replace the things while we're in there.) The problem went away. I'm confident it was a coil problem. Used new AC Delco coils.

You can rule out fuel pressure by testing it with a fuel pressure gauge at the fuel rail with key on, engine off. Should be >= 45 psi or so, iirc. (Replace the fuel filter if that hasn't happened already anyway.)
Yes it does start flashing sometimes. Thank you so much man. I really appreciate it.

And yes, new filter has already been put in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA