standard Black bear tune.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can anyone who has done a standard BB tune with 24" wheels tell me about their results? was it noticable .........please explain........

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did with 20's, but i bet with 24's you REALLY lost some power huh? Another thing to consider, is gears....what gears do you have now, and what size tires?

OP
OP
D

dre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no i do not tow.....and for gears i don't know.......its a stock 2007 chevy tahoe.......its lowered 2/3 and a C.A.I. is the only performance upgrade i did....... thanks for trying to help me out

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my BlackBear before I had my Supercharger and I had 24's and the difference was very noticeable. One of the best investments I did besides the SC. Can't go wrong with BlackBear. I ran stock 3.73's for a while and towed a 25' Master Craft and it did well with the combo. Now I run 4.11's It has pros and cons it just depends on you..

OP
OP
D

dre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you explain more about the pros and cons .....................thanks

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ To provide more input, what are your goals, expectations, and budget?

BB tune regardless. Gears will cost quite a bit for parts and labor - need to replace the differential gears at both axels.

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
can you explain more about the pros and cons .....................thanks

Gears? With the 4.11's it feels lighter, stronger but I get a lower gas mileage than with 3.73's

OP
OP
D

dre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow u guys have been helpfull.........im not planning on touching my gears......whatever the tune does for the truck is good enuff.......i just want my tahoe to have that edge when i step on the gas......besides its a daily driver....

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

the tune is gonna run me about 450.00 i just wanna get my moneys worth......i wanna see a big difference..

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Are you sure $450 for the tune? What are you getting?

You say you want a big difference. Do not expect a large increase in power. The main thing is drivability - better throttle response, better tranny shifting, a little bit more power, and maybe a little bit of fuel economy (if you can keep your foot off the skinny pedal :).

What mods do you have engine wise? It would be better to have an aftermarket intake, at least change out the muffler (Magnaflow or Corsa), and remove the resonator (if you have the 5.3L engine) to take advantage of the tune.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missymom68

Latest posts