SSV question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarryVanHook

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The other day I was driving through Tempe (AZ) behind a police Tahoe and noticed it was running dual exhausts. That surprised me as I didn't expect to see duals on a fleet vehicle like a cop car. Or am I wrong ... and duals are included on some SSV packages?

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, they all rolled out of the factory with a single exhaust. It actually breaths pretty well, so not sure the reason someone would go with a dual. More crap to fall off while chasing drug runners down dirt roads. :Big Laugh:

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if I was patrolling AZ I would want some serious upgrades, lots of open road out there too much open road

I'd still be surprised if anything dual they throw under that truck would breathe better than the factory exhaust. I'd perhaps spend my money on a better head pipe, and one removing the secondary cat, but that would be about it. Perhaps they did that, and just went cat back, to get rid of the low-hanging secondary cat to prevent brush fires. Who knows?