SSV option with rear drums

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mrkid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well the build sheet does stipulate 4 wheel disc

Yeah, I missed that on the first run through. I'll have to find a stamping on the rear end to see if a "brake-to-brake" rear end was tossed in.

OP
OP
M

mrkid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, now that I actually got eyes on the truck, it does have rear disc. The discs are so large, I assumed they were drums from the pictures.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, now that I actually got eyes on the truck, it does have rear disc. The discs are so large, I assumed they were drums from the pictures.
Oh man....I so badly want to make fun of you but I don't know you well enough yet. But I will hold onto my sarcasm for a later time!!

OP
OP
M

mrkid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh man....I so badly want to make fun of you but I don't know you well enough yet. But I will hold onto my sarcasm for a later time!!

Knock yourself out, if it makes yoi feel better. I bought it through a friend, and didn't see the brakes in person until today. I was told they were drums, and the only pic I had was the one above.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knock yourself out, if it makes yoi feel better. I bought it through a friend, and didn't see the brakes in person until today. I was told they were drums, and the only pic I had was the one above.
I hope you realize that was a lighthearted statement!

OP
OP
M

mrkid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hope you realize that was a lighthearted statement!

I do now. LOL

It's tough to tell online, and I'm enough forums to know there's always at least one keyboard commando.

Back to the truck, looks like the rotors and pads are different. Many shops have "except Police" in the description.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do now. LOL

It's tough to tell online, and I'm enough forums to know there's always at least one keyboard commando.

Back to the truck, looks like the rotors and pads are different. Many shops have "except Police" in the description.
Wow...keyboard commando is flippin hilarious and I am going to borrow that one from you! The truck may still have the correct package brake parts. Obviously you could get OEM but Rockauto.com may be a good source for aftermarket. I do believe that the package you have came with bigger rotors

OP
OP
M

mrkid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's not trademarked, so have at it.

I will say, they are bigger than my Camaro's Brembos. Truck stops surprisingly well for it's weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gradymossx4

Latest posts