Squeeking rear end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

s--k

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well i just found out its covered under Warranty so i have appoint at 1 tomorrow.
I was going to just do it until i saw the $110 price tag. Then i said $110 and 1 hour under truck or free and watch some TV checking out new Camaro's...

If they will do it under warranty then that is great.

Otherwise you'd have $15-22 some dollars in a ujoint from the local autoparts store and then it is just whatever your own time is worth and what kind of tools you have to remove the old one and put the new one in. It is really easy, but if somebody else is going to do it for free parts and labor that makes sense.

Hope that solves the problem. I know my wife was happy when the squeak went away in ours.

OP
OP
Hammer450R

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the U-joint at the dealer was $110 and the local parts store didnt even have one.

The Dealership called and said 2 joints were bad and being replaced under warranty...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the U-joint at the dealer was $110 and the local parts store didnt even have one.

The Dealership called and said 2 joints were bad and being replaced under warranty...

Warranty work is always good :waytogo: Thanks for updating :)

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two bad u-joints at only 75k miles? Do you do a lot of towing or any heavy loaded driving? How aggressive are you with the accelerator?

I'm just curious 'cause I've towed a lot with mine and I have it leveled (raised) with big tires. I'm wondering when mine might go...

OP
OP
Hammer450R

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to be common for these trucks as far as the dealer says.

OP
OP
Hammer450R

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were you planning on taking the vehicle back to the dealership to have these issues resolved? Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
Caron, GM Customer Service

Hi Caron, I am having this door actuator problem right now myself, very scarey thing when you have kids. Is this a recall yet or will they atleast fix it? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB12