squealing noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garmoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey all,
I've searched the thread and nothing meets what i am experiencing. Over the last couple days my 2003 Tahoe with the 5.3L while between 2300-2800 rpm while quickly accelerating or burping the throttle i have a very loud squealing sound. I haven't checked my serpentine belt yet as i have been working crazy long days and just want to shower eat and sleep. It doesn't do it while I'm up to speed and slow acceleration doesn't produce it either.. WOT does a little but not much. what else should i look at when i finally get a moment to check my belts. Thank you in advance.

OP
OP
Garmoe

Garmoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I changed my serpentine belt. And my alternator. But the squealing is still happening. It almost sounds is sucking air. Only happens as I'm accelerating or on cruise control. I'm trying to sell this truck to buy a new one but won't sell it with the issue. And it does it when moving or when Parker. Any help is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Garmoe

Garmoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
th_IMG_6120_zps056e446a.jpg

here is a video of the noise. i find it hard to believe no one has any ideas thoughts or help

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked all your intake hoses? Listening to speakers is not quite the same as in person, so it's hard to tell exactly. almost sounds like an air leak, but another thought is the tensioner. Did you see how it rotated while the belt was off? Then the other belt (AC) may be the culprit too. Good luck

OP
OP
Garmoe

Garmoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tension was spun with no belt and it was fine. The sound is from the driver side of the engine. I'll recheck the ac belt. I'm starting to think it may be an intake gasket.