Squealing? Noise coming from rear of truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McFizzl

Broke as a Joke.
Reaction score
UPDATE!!! Squealing? Noise coming from rear of truck

Heard a noise like a squealing or a metal on metal sound of a worn out brake pad but only under acceleration. Only did it for about 1/2 mile or so and then it wouldn't do it again. Diff has plenty of fluid and I just put a new u joint in at the rear of the driveshaft a few thousand miles ago

Update: I got into the dust cover over the flex plate and found that the teeth on it where ground down to fine points. As well as a loose starter. Tried to unbolt the exhaust from the manifold but someone has welded them together. So looks like the job will be outsourced to my mechanic.

Last edited:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume it could be one of your show pigs you forgot to take out?

Seriously maybe a wheel bearing.

OP
OP
McFizzl

McFizzl

Broke as a Joke.
Reaction score
Update: Made the sound as I was leaving my parents house. I stopped about 100 feet down the road. and backed up to the driveway and it did it in reverse as well. It sounded like a squeak along with a clacking sound. Almost like when you lose your pinion gear but its not that. My dad seems to think maybe the flex plate on the flywheel is bad. Will inspect flywheel tomorrow. Problem just started out of nowhere Saturday night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts