Spohn adjustable rear arms??? Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1lowhoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bough a set off a buddy of mine he had them set for drag racing !
I am lowered 6(7) in the rear depending! I need some help of how much to adjust them to ! There’s prob a thread here I haven’t found it since I been off this since 2013 lol info and pictures please and thank you

FFF8B55F-BA5E-4D7E-8EE0-6877BAF5F9CE.jpeg DC1C03E3-9F15-4856-99C9-29C0FC8B274C.jpeg 9677FEA4-DF01-4646-821D-CEBF88CE3C7C.jpeg

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@NORCAL SS would prob be best to weigh in.

I just picked up set also and will be installing in the next few days hopefully.

the bars that have just a jam nut on the end joints (lowers and pan hard bar), you would spin the entire center piece sleeve) to adjust length as needed then tighten the jam nut down to the sleeve when you have it where you need it.

the upper bars, the one end just has a jam nut on the joint? would probably set that end about half way out as far as it will go and jam it down. because of the shape of those bars you cant spin the center sleeve. so the adjustment is made with the hex coupler, same thing just loosen the jamnuts back, spin the hex to the length you need and tighten the jam nuts back against the hex coupler.

and a side note - anyone know if they make dust boots for these ends? i know they arent perfect but im worried sand/grit is going to ruin them quick in my hood

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally, to at least get you in the ballpark and driving:

With the Tahoe at ride height, adjust the bars so the axle is centered or slightly forward in the fender wells. All four should be the same length (bottom two at X" and top two at X"- top and bottom obviously won't be the same lengths).

Measure the angle of the front yoke on the driveshaft and make the rear yoke the same angle. Manufacturer specs may call for 1/2 a degree or so less (rear yoke/pinion pointed down) than the front angle. You can adjust the top or bottom bars or a combination of both to roll the rear end the direction needed to set the proper pinion. Magnetic angle finders are cheap at Harbor Freight.

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Measure your OEM’s bolt to bolt and go from there. Probably will have to extend the lowers to get the output shaft back to where it was pre-lowered. There should be an obvious mark. As far as adjusting uppers, you’ll need to determine your pinion angle with the proper tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belveman