Splash Guards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike1944

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got back from my 6500 mile driving vacation. Had a great time. Denali ran great and very comfortable.

I was in several national parks, here and Canada. Lots of road construction going on. Only continued annoyance was how dirty the areas behind the wheel wells were getting. I was diverted into some really juicy mud a couple of times and the fronts/tops of the running boards did a great job as mud collectors.

So I'm going to get splash guards installed. Anyone have guards they like? I can't tell the difference between the regular GM flaps and the contoured flaps...?

Second question...how about those hood foils that deflect the bugs? I think I must have wiped out and collected half the bugs in the Western US and Canada.

BTW, driving down from Yellowstone to Grand Tetons, were long stretches with road rework. Got out of my car and about had a heart attack. Car was literally covered from front to back in road oil. Back was coated from top to bottom. Pressurized soap and water didn't phase it. I'm thinking new paint job.

Bought some Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover....miracle. Spray it on...wait a minute....wipe it off. Took one and a half bottles but went quickly and finish looked great. Seems like it might have some wax in it because it looked polished after I finished. I also used it to clean the oil off the windows and wheels. Great stuff.

And if anybody cares.....the GM nav continued to perform - in my opinion - at a barely adequate level.

But OnStar and XM radio were great and I am very glad I had them on the trip.

Used OnStar almost every day to find a hotel room. Love making a reservation then OnStar downloads the driving instructions to the Nav. Sometimes they screwed it up but in general very good service.

And listened to XM radio continuously...Blue Collar Radio, old radio mysteries...good stuff. :waytogo::waytogo:

Cherdos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed the EGR Aerowrap bug deflecter on the front and also got the weather-tech no drill flaps for my 08 yukon. The installation for both were easy as hell and in my opinon both look really good on the vehicle. I got my stuff from Autoanything.com. I will try to take some pics for you so you can take a look but its raining out right now.

jqhawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been think about splash guards too would like to see pics...

jqhawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They list them for 08s, not for 09-10, but I am guessing they are the same?

Cherdos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok It finally stopped raining for a bit so i pulled it out of the gargage and snapped some pics please dont mind the condition she is in. She needs a bath and some wax but the dam rain wont stop.

th_IMG_0020.jpg

th_IMG_0021.jpg

th_IMG_0022.jpg

th_IMG_0023.jpg

th_IMG_0024.jpg

th_IMG_0028.jpg

th_IMG_0025.jpg

th_IMG_0026.jpg

th_IMG_0027.jpg

I hope this helps the weather-tech are put on by 2 bolts and a clip in the back and 3 bolts and a clip in the front all using factory holes. The Aero wrap uses holes underneath the hood so there is no taping. Any other questions and I will try to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts