spindles + drop keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i presently have 2" drop keys up front (however i have them adjusted to the max so i am sitting with about 3" drops)

If i were to get 2" drop spindles would that mean my truck would sit at 5"? I am still working on improving my trucks right but do not want to drop the front any more. (maybe another 1/2" or so)

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats how max is running his setup. I wanted to go another 1" lower all the way around, but cant get lower then 5 in the rear. I was going to lower the front a little more with some drop keys i have, but decided not to. Like it sitting level

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can install the keys but crank them to lift...so that your sitting at your current height still...but may lower them at any time...thats why I did it...

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
my keys are adjusted all the way down as low as they can go! i like the rake! Im more concerned with smoothing out the ride, the recent talk about having these things lowered and still riding nearly stock has me wanting more!

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can install the keys but crank them to lift...so that your sitting at your current height still...but may lower them at any time...thats why I did it...

The problem with that is it affects your alighnment when you start cranking/decranking keys.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
The problem with that is it affects your alighnment when you start cranking/decranking keys.

yea, you can give the bolt a turn or two without effecting the alignment... once you have added or subtracted 1/4" to 1/2" or more, then you are really effecting

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll be sitting about 5" lower with both keys and spindles. Honestly, mine rode about the same when I swapped from keys to spindles.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
ANY time you adjust the torsion bar adjuster bolt the caster/camber will be off. I'm running 3/4 ton keys almost cranked with belltech spindles and it's 6" lower than my buddy's stock denali with the same size tire.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
You'll be sitting about 5" lower with both keys and spindles. Honestly, mine rode about the same when I swapped from keys to spindles.

with that being said... is the only real solution to the ride quality adding a good quality shock?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts