Spider assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davidggriffith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I saw on gm parts direct that they have an upgrade for the 5.0 and the 5.7 I'm just wandering what does it do? does it give you more power?

Last edited:

1999hoe

aka HOVERHOE
Reaction score
I just bought this exact same one from ebay for 242.00 shipped ...and it works great and you notice the difference once its installed

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know where I can get the repair manual for 98 tahoe I am losing joy and money paying mechanics to do this things

I always check the stickies on here and gmt400 fourm for obs and YouTube before doing repairs. Your manual is right at your finger tips, if not found on those sites, just do a google search.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always check the stickies on here and gmt400 fourm for obs and YouTube before doing repairs. Your manual is right at your finger tips, if not found on those sites, just do a google search.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

I do agree, but having the original repair manual gives an idea of what you are up too

The youtubes you lose time searching rather than planing and repairing

bass1775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto 1999hoe, I just replaced that spider setup to the upgrade and I feel a big difference. I've been told there were no performance gains to be had. I think with the older trucks with 150k or better the injectors are not spraying at 100% efficiency and the new setup is clean and very efficient. The truck is very responsive now. I also changed out my distributor at the same time. My distributor had a broken hold down bolt hole. Had it timed today, it's running so much better now. I'll continue to monitor it for the next couple of days and see if SES lights return.

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine a few weeks back and night and day. Here is a good trick if you are not married. When you go and clean your upper intake and you get all the big grime off put it in your dish washer for a cycle. the hot water and steam will do wonders for the cleaning. If you are married don't tell the old lady or let her see you working the dish washer.

Last edited:

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine a few weeks back and night and day. Here is a good trick if you are not married. When you go and clean your upper intake and you get all the big grime off put it in your dish washer for a cycle. the hot water and steam will do wonders for the cleaning. If you are married don't tell the old lady or let her see you working the dish washer.

Hahahahaahahaha

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

I think I will do it sooner than I thought I am getting gray smoke when I start the tahoe but when I start moving it goes away until next day

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Hahahahaahahaha

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

I think I will do it sooner than I thought I am getting gray smoke when I start the tahoe but when I start moving it goes away until next day

Aha I got this error (P0420) I think it is the O2 sensor *cleared* and life goes on :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n