speaker level input vs line output converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrisalecia

Reaction score
I have a Kenwood 4 channel amp that I’m planning on installing in my 2010 Tahoe Bose – no Nav. I’m only installing new door and pillar speakers no Subwoofer. Crutchfield says I can go from the Bose amp to the speaker level inputs on the Kenwood amp which I understand. But isn’t there a possibility of the signal being too flat from the Bose amp? I’m wondering if I should be safe and install a Line Output Converter first and then go to RCA’s on the Kenwood. I’d probably get the Audiocontrol LC6i.

Does it really matter either way? The speakers I’m installing are good - Kenwood components in the front and Kicker’s in the rear doors but definitely not high end stuff. Just want a little better sound than the crappy Bose system. I do not plan on installing a Sub at this time.
Would really like to know everyone’s experiences to save me from mistakes.

thabigj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
since you dont have to sum your channels just use a good high to low converter, the lc6 will give you a line driver to give you better sound but with your equipment you do not need it. The bose amp is pre eq'd so that is what is lacking, i would recommend the eqs, eq with converter and sub out if you would ever want to add it. Hope this helps

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LC6i is a great piece. It should work OK. It probably won't matter too much with the Audiocontrol but personally I would grab the signals BEFORE the Bose system. That's how I hooked it up in my Saturn Outlook until I just couldn't handle the crappy GM radio anymore. ;)

OP
OP
C

Chrisalecia

Reaction score
since you dont have to sum your channels just use a good high to low converter, the lc6 will give you a line driver to give you better sound but with your equipment you do not need it. The bose amp is pre eq'd so that is what is lacking, i would recommend the eqs, eq with converter and sub out if you would ever want to add it. Hope this helps

Got it. I see what you mean with the LCQ-1. Probably the safer way to go. Even though I'm not going high end - I may still be dissatisfied with the sound range if I go with a cheaper LOC like a PAC-SOEM4. I'd get the whole thing wired up and then discover I should have went with the LCQ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts