Spark Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balckhog02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anybody link me to a spark plug forum? Coming up on maintenance and want to look at brand preferences...

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I looked and found no such forum. There are many different vehicle forums with discussions going on about the many different model and engine options and the best plugs for them. What is your vehicle? For the GM models most of us go with the GM iridium plugs.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I recall, there was a recent discussion on spark plugs and preferences.

Someone here in the Forum might be able to remember it and post it for you.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went Bosch Platinum in my 05 Yukon Denali 6.0L after what looked like the Oem AC Delcos had eroded away the platinum tip but the Yukon had just 300K on the clock and was misfiring bad on 3 cylinders. I havent replugged any of my 5.3L Tahoes (2003) but I will probably go with the Bosch's on them too when the time comes.

OP
OP
B

Balckhog02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looked and found no such forum. There are many different vehicle forums with discussions going on about the many different model and engine options and the best plugs for them. What is your vehicle? For the GM models most of us go with the GM iridium plugs.

I have a 2002 Yukon, 5.3...I changed the sparks and wires out at about 140k with stock but Just wanting to upgrade and make sure i get the best parts! shes rolling around 197k and getting a few kinks that have started to occur and i was going to look into a fresh set of plugs and wires if there were any that are better than stock!

OP
OP
B

Balckhog02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
NGK 1465 {#IZTR5B11} Laser Iridium anything on these?? iv heard to stay away from Bosch personally, and a lot have said stay stock but have heard a few people recommend these...just wanted more verification! thank you to those who have commented!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288