Spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtower97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I pulled 3 spark plugs just to get a look at them and make sure everything looked good. Just bought the vehicle and it was 60k on it. Plugs look good. I had purchased new plugs just in case. Would it be ok to put new plugs in the 3 that I pulled and leave the others alone? Or- should I just put the old plugs back in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same brand?

It will not hurt (probably) to just put the new ones in but, then you are going to end up replacing the others later anyways. Why not just replace them all now, just for grins?

Were you going to put the old ones back in and return all of the new ones? Were they "that" expensive?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If in your shoes, I would put the old ones back in the cylinders they came out of and put the new ones on the shelf until 100k miles.

OP
OP
J

jtower97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought them thinking if the old ones are bad, I’d replace.
But 3 looked good. Don’t see a need to go further
Id change them all in a heartbeat but that passenger side sure is tight!

OP
OP
J

jtower97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also - not same brand, but both are iridium

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do them all at once, now or later. Keep in mind that pulling off the wires multiple times will probably result in broken plug wires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n