SoundStorm Amplifiers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with these? I'm about to do a major upgrade to the lows in my Tahoe, and am astonished by the price of their EV3000D, and it has great reviews from what I can find.

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Not sure about their amps, but I have their SD545M head unit in my dash. For the money.... I have no complaints. I think this is one of those underrated companies.

OP
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it claims 1200 RMS at 4 OHMS which would be perfect for my subs...my subs will be DVC 2-Ohm, so I can wire them up at 1 Ohm or 4 Ohm. I know the amp won't push 1200 at 4 ohms, or even 2, but from reading reviews people have bench tested the amp and gotten 1200 RMS at 1-ohm, so it looks like i'll be golden. I imagine the setup will be plenty loud for me, so if it starts getting too hot I'll re-wire the subs for a 4-ohm load.

bolo1g2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read the reviews on Sonicelectronix and Amazon. It's so hard to tell. Maybe search DIYMA.com? THere's a lot of info on that site.

OP
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after researching all morning I wound up going with the EV4000D, just to make up for some of their power over ratings. All of their EV series amps have great reviews everywhere I've looked, and I got it with a 3 year warranty. I'm pumped.

bolo1g2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DIYMA.com seems to hate on them but I've found a lot of those reviews are dudes that are snobs about car audio. I'll be interested to hear your impressions of that amp.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MA Audio makes some good quality amps and subs. and are really cheap compared to others. my buddy had a 1200w MA Audio amp and 2 12" MA Audio subs and IMO it sounded better than the same set-up I had but with JL Audio. and my set-up cost way more.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts