Sound Like my Wiper Motor Or Circuit Board?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99custom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So Yesterday I washing My 99 Tahoe 2Door with car runnin ( I always do, I live In AZ..HOT!!!) So when I'm done I go to hit the wipers and the motor makes the sound, but the wipers don't move. Also the washer fluid won't come up. I'm thinking circuit board. What to you guys think.

It's a 99 base Tahoe 2-door 4x4 with 76,000 miles. Thanks Guys

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If you here the motor but no wiper movement you might have broken the linkage or the motor internally. The washer pump could be your steering column switch or pump. I would suggest you check your wipers in stepped mode as well as continuous mode to see if the wipe motor sounds like it is moving in accordance with those modes. The linkages are located under the black cowl cover at the bottom of windshield.

gmcconvert

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
are you really getting a motor noise or just a buzzing sound. I changed mine a while back at the suggestion of this forum and mine was a bad board. I would hear a buzzing sound though not really the motor sound. I noticed on mine if I messed with the harness connection where it plugs into the board the wipers would work...only to fail again soon. hopefully you have similar problem cuz its a cheap fix. good luck

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you really getting a motor noise or just a buzzing sound. I changed mine a while back at the suggestion of this forum and mine was a bad board. I would hear a buzzing sound though not really the motor sound. I noticed on mine if I messed with the harness connection where it plugs into the board the wipers would work...only to fail again soon. hopefully you have similar problem cuz its a cheap fix. good luck

The wiper board failure.......not working, works whenever it wants, stops halfway, etc is due to the solder joints on the connector on the board. If you simply resolder them real quick, it is fixed. A 10 minute job total. If you pull your board out and look at them with a magnifying glass, you will see the crack in the solder.

Both of my trucks did the same, and fixed the same.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
You joking right? Mine used to buzz but not work so I went to autozone and bought one. I am good at soldering too :( damn! Also my wipers don't shoot out water anymore? Could they be blocked by crap in the lines?

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
You joking right? Mine used to buzz but not work so I went to autozone and bought one. I am good at soldering too :( damn! Also my wipers don't shoot out water anymore? Could they be blocked by crap in the lines?

The solder issue actually became a safety recall.

For the washer the nozzle canget clogged. try using a pin or needle to clear it out.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Ok. Did they send out in the mail the recal? I never even knew that they recalled it. It broke on a really rainy day to school but I made it to school alive lol I replaced it earlier this year

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Ask for a reimbursement:

Reimbursement When a customer requests reimbursement, they must provide the following:
- Proof of ownership at time of repair. - Original paid receipt confirming the amount of unreimbursed repair expense(s), a description of the repair, and the person or entity performing the repair. Claims for customer reimbursement on previously paid repairs are to be submitted as required by WINS.
IMPORTANT: :Refer to the appropriate divisional service policies and procedures manual, section 1.6.2, for specific procedures regarding customer reimbursement verification.

It was mailed out. Did you need a copy of the letter or something?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I checked my recite and it was only $50 so Its not a big deal. Next time I'll Just ask on these forums before I go part shopping For something expensive thanks for your help tho

vtx1800sba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is doing the buzzing sound to. Does not sound like a motor to me. I got directed to this thread today by another member. Where and how did you fix the problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645