Soooo Disappointing :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FINALLY got my Pacesetter LT's (Ceramic Coated). Also got the 3" ORY to match it. Ran a full 3" from the Y back to a single chamber w/4" tip. Sound is REALLY good. At hwy speeds its barley noticeable,which is what I wanted. I drive alot of hwy miles and poor exhaust setups will kill me on long drives. Cabin Drone is my arch enemy :). However I can floor it, and omg does it sound great lol.

Sooo...
Why the disappointment you ask?
I spent the coin on this due to the fact that my hoe is a complete DOG on acceleration. I mean its literally the slowest vehicle I have EVER had. I had the 5.3 in two other applications, an 02 Silverado 2wd (SCSB), and my 07 NNBS Sierra (CCSB) Z71. Both of those trucks (The 02 is a given), were MILES ahead of the hoe in acceleration. I know that the weight of the hoe is a bit more than the 07, but not by a whole lot.

I am just praying that once Black Bear can get around to writing a tune for me (bought an autocal off here), that it will do what everyone seems to say that it does and just wake the truck up. If it doesn't... Anyone interested in a 04 Z71 Tahoe?? Or I guess I could save up for Kenne Bell....

Last edited:

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wich axle ratio do you have the 3.42,3.73 im no sure if the 4.10 was available
ive got the 3.42 in mine and its kind of a dog on the accel but i like the low rpms at high speeds yer axle ratio will make a big difference on yer acceleration lower the ratio slower accel higher top speed higher ratio quicker accel lower top speed
id also look into maybe a shift kit or a vette servo yer tranny will shift more for performance rather then comfort
you mite wanna look into a higher stall speed torque converter as well like 2500 to 3200 rpm

Last edited:

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the tune will help wake it up alot!!...long tube headers actually help out alot more in the top end instead of the low end...my tahoe was the same way and i hated it...tune and headers deffenetly helped getting it up to speed and much funner to drive...im sure youll notice it! so dont feel bad the headers are always an improvement but will need the tune to take full advantage. Also, the newer tahoe if it is a 5.3, than it has a better flowing intake manifold plus it has the better 243 stock heads which means that engine is making more power than this tahoe

OP
OP
TxDrewski

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
josueh95

Thats the sickest tahoe I have ever seen.... That makes me want to buy another just to lower it lol. Dammit....

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My tune woke mine up quite a bit. Before I was about even with my uncles 4.8sclb and with tune, cai, and efans I pull him pretty good. It's just all around more fun to drive.

OP
OP
TxDrewski

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with tune, cai, and efans I pull him pretty good. It's just all around more fun to drive.

I suppose I should start looking for the efans as well. I can get Aftermarket fans made specifically for the 07+ silverados cheaper than I can get the factory ones lol.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I did. Dorman brand. Along with a ls1fans.com harness and pulley.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a tunes gonna give it a little more pep but if you really wanna make go fast you need them gears man
i did the exhaust and the tune and all that and it did wake it up a little but i just put my 4l60e tranny in that ive been rebuilding with the performance rebuild kit along with a high stall converter vette servo shift kit and at a stop light i can put my foot to the floor and i can break the tires loose off the line and into 2nd
the only downside is that u can really feel it shift now
next on my agenda is the Cam and valve train

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove