Soooo Disappointing :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TxDrewski

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 32" tires aren't helping out.

33s lol. I had them on both of the other 5.3s as well. I suppose once Black Bear gets around to answering my emails and I get the tune Ill see what I think. Gears are next in any case, Going to run a 4" lift with either 35s or my GoodYear OZ's 36" Bias Plys. 456s should cover it. Was just extremely disappointed after shelling out almost a grand for what I got :( MPG may have picked up, ill have too keep an eye on that as well.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You did all that without a tune? No CELs??

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Weird. You definetly should have a tune with LTs. And you'll certainly notice a difference.

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
josueh95

Thats the sickest tahoe I have ever seen.... That makes me want to buy another just to lower it lol. Dammit....

lol thanks man i aprecciate it..i understand the dissapoointment on shelling out almost a grand for what you got but once all the pieces are put together you will notice the difference for example those headers with some gears, tune, a cam nd stall will really wake it up and be very fun to drive

OP
OP
TxDrewski

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope so. Its made me question putting another 4" of lift and going up to 35s. I talked to Charlie Wheatly via email, he lives in Houston and is much closer (and actually responds) vs Black Bear. So im probably going that route. Ordered the Dorman E Fans (Summit) and im going to get the harness from Nelson Performance on Tuesday. Ill see how all that stacks with the current mods/tires/lift and feel out my next step.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope so. Its made me question putting another 4" of lift and going up to 35s. I talked to Charlie Wheatly via email, he lives in Houston and is much closer (and actually responds) vs blackBear. So im probably going that route. Ordered the Dorman E Fans (Summit) and im going to get the harness from Nelson Performance on Tuesday. Ill see how all that stacks with the current mods/tires/lift and feel out my next step.

PM TahoeWhat about Charlie wheatly. He used to have one of his tunes and can enlighten you some. I also almost went with wheatly as well, but in the end I just waited a couple more months for BB to come to town. When I get my long tubes I'll plan to install them around a BB tune date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts