Soon To Be New Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mudhog79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh congrats!! The waiting game is so hard but SO worth it :) It can move faster than you think too sometimes. What color did you get? Do you know if they had an allocation already or you're waiting for it?

Mine was ordered 8/11 as regular retail, built 9/16, i discovered it and put my deposit down 9/27, vehicle bayed/ready to ship 10/2 and it hit the lot on 10/4. I picked up 10/5!
We went with the White Frost Tricoat, the attached is what we built. I am going to have the red GMC on the front changed to black. I am not sure about the allocation. The dealer we were working with seems to be able to order whatever vehicle whenever. When we were looking at a Chevrolet it seemed much more difficult to order what we wanted. The GMC dealer we ordered from didnt seem concerned with the trims, extras etc. They told us 8 to 12 weeks.... so the wait is on. Do you know if there is a way for the customer to track their build? When i ordered my F150 years ago you could kind of keep track of it.

Thanks

Attachments

• Denali.jpg
    Denali.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 5

KSweet

Reaction score
We went with the White Frost Tricoat, the attached is what we built. I am going to have the red GMC on the front changed to black. I am not sure about the allocation. The dealer we were working with seems to be able to order whatever vehicle whenever. When we were looking at a Chevrolet it seemed much more difficult to order what we wanted. The GMC dealer we ordered from didnt seem concerned with the trims, extras etc. They told us 8 to 12 weeks.... so the wait is on. Do you know if there is a way for the customer to track their build? When i ordered my F150 years ago you could kind of keep track of it.

Thanks
That looks SIIIICK! I have white tricoat as well, its beautiful in person!! Your dealer (sales person) should add your email to the GMC order updates, but I didn't have much luck checking that. I also tried chatting with the website once I had a VIN # but they didn't always help. The sales person I had would email every Monday AM with an update or if he didn't have one, I wouldn't get an email. Once it's being built it does move pretty quickly IMO besides the ready to ship part that's the "it could be days or weeks" weird waiting period. Allocations mean they are allowed to place that order and GM is ready to accept it I guess? That's the best way I can describe it, it's like a dating game where both "like" each other for the order lol. Not all dealers get allocations for specific builds so they could be waiting weeks before GM is ready to accept the order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019