Something killing batteries in my 99 Tahoe? 130,000 miles 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ac clutch shouldn't click at all with the ignition key out. Get alt checked or use a multi meter on batt to see it it's over 13 volts while motor is running.

willxfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The relay for the ac compressor is stuck to the on position. Mine did this exact same thing last summer. I verified this with the multimeter then pulled the relay, opened it up and sure enough it was stuck in the position that completes the circuit. Twelve dollars and a new relay later the problem was fixed.

GTOHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks! I put the multimeter meter on it and it was 12.2 off and 14.8ish running i disconnected the compressor and no dead battery looks like i'll get a new relay and get my nine iron out for the old one! four!!! pos relay what a ordeal this was right out of nowhere. Thanks willxfs for confirmation on the relay appreciated the info..:shocked::cheers: glad thats over with..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879