Something is draining the battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdaulton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need some help with the wife's Yukon. Something has been draining her battery and I'm not sure what. She says that she has been hearing the headlight switch make a clicking noise and she is sure that the switch is the problem. Anybody else had a similar problem?

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Take off the battery lead. Use a 10 amp fuse to connect the battery to the power wire.

If it doesn't pop then use a multimeter set to DC amperage and start pulling fuses till the meters reads zero. Don't forget to remove the hood light first so that doesn't draw power. I'd then start with the interior lighting fuse next so those arent on when the door is open.

When you find which circuit it is try and see whats drawing power or let us know if ya need help.

I had a voltage draw about a year ago, turned out to be the mirror lights on the sun visor. The cover broke and the light was always on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo