Someone needs this.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if you bid on that site, they put a hold on your credit card for 5% of the listing price, then release it when the suction is over if you don’t win. I wonder how long it takes that hold to release? If it’s anything like any other time I have had a hold on my card, it might take a week or more. I don’t like that. eBay motors doesn’t do that.
The auction I did... They just wanted my card info to register / secure my opportunity to bid.
Nothing was 'held' because they didn't know how much I was going to bid.
...The Prop Store company has an army of people to 'dress' the lot items to assist on the estimated value. They added movie photos showing my props. I was very appreciative and impressed how much they cared about even the less expensive lots. So, for these years having the 3 things on my shelf, I got $600 !! So I applied that 'cash' to some auction 'Dreamworks studio' stuff I thought would be fun as gifts later..

Attachments

• 20220622_070931.jpg
    20220622_070931.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220622_070948.jpg
    20220622_070948.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 5

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My bid of $15,250.00 was outbid at $15,500.00. I have since made my second and last bid at $16,000.00 to see if I get lucky. If get out bid, I will stop and just wait and see what happens. If was to win the bid, I would swap the Hellwig bars set up, if is the same set up, and my wheels/tires over. I would then sell my Tahoe and will post on here for sale.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I just got a notice that my $16k bid has been passed for $16,250.00 by a bidder that I saw before. He is serious about this. I will now wait and see how the end of this auction goes. The bid increments are at $250 at a time.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The auction I did... They just wanted my card info to register / secure my opportunity to bid.
Nothing was 'held' because they didn't know how much I was going to bid.
...The Prop Store company has an army of people to 'dress' the lot items to assist on the estimated value. They added movie photos showing my props. I was very appreciative and impressed how much they cared about even the less expensive lots. So, for these years having the 3 things on my shelf, I got $600 !! So I applied that 'cash' to some auction 'Dreamworks studio' stuff I thought would be fun as gifts later..
I was talking about the site this Yukon is being auctioned on- Bring A Trailer. But that sounds like you did pretty good with your auction.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was talking about the site this Yukon is being auctioned on- Bring A Trailer. But that sounds like you did pretty good with your auction.
I understand...... But, " bring A Trailer " will want a piece of the action. ( I wonder what their % is )

.....and yea.... the 3-day auction I did was a ball !!

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If someone was willing to pay the 15000 for my Esky with 89k miles on it... Yea this is going well into the 20's

The sad thing is... I think my 2006 Esky was in better shape than this Yukon..

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand...... But, " bring A Trailer " will want a piece of the action. ( I wonder what their % is )

.....and yea.... the 3-day auction I did was a ball !!
BAT adds 5% on top of the selling price for their cut from the buyer.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The state needs to get a piece of the pie too!
In MA, we would still have to pay the state sales tax of 6.25% when we try to register it.

About a month later, we get an Excise tax (a use tax bill based on the value).
$25 per $1k (2.5%)...
First bill is small, because it is for the months left in the current year.
In January, we get whacked again for the next 12 months.

All that, and our roads and bridges are still in rough shape!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues